This is a story of me, my life and my experience.
I'm MIcheLlE.
I am not held responsible for any forms of vulgar comments and personal opinions in this blog.
Read it at your own risk, by all means,
If you find it offensive and inappropriate,
Dear you, just simple, DON'T read.
~P.E.r.I.o.d~
Yours Truly
Hi, my name is Michelle Ng.
+ University : IMU
+ I was born into this world..: 06041989
+ Horoscope : Aries
+ Status : still a Student.. and ex-Bartenderess
+ e-mail/facebook/friendster: michelle_nsl@hotmail.com
(Sunday, June 1, 2008-)
+3:58 PM]*
# -
Well! It's finally here! I'm a free girl now.. NO more 6 days a week torturing under the sun, NO more 6 days a week not free, NO more fuss, NO more excuses that I'm busy, NO more driving to Sunway Pyramid.
Now, GOT free time, GOT time to sleep, GOT time to eat home food, GOT time to hang out!!!
Well, 50% Happy that I resigned, but 50% Sad that I had to leave my colleagues so quickly..They are like a family to me... I had the biggest influence about this whole family tree thing... And it spread the whole wide Italiannies.. Lol... my big family tree... How I wish I could draw a family tree for you guys to see... Lol...
Let's see.. when I first first got interviewed by Marcus, I was astonished that he actually hired me as a bartenderess as I had NO experience at ALL. Not even working- imagine bartending. But I thank God and him for giving me this chance to improve myself and gain knowledge about the bar, and how the outside world of F&B line works. Never would I expect myself to stand that long, for I have tolerated shitty people and countless bombardments from everywhere... even worse the job of carrying barrels,ice and displaying mats on the floor gets me so exhausted at the end of the day... I got to say I was so amazed that I've pulled myself altogether to make them realise that girls can do it too...
When the real Republic bar opens... I tell you... opening that bar can really make you go bonkers. The heat, the mats, the sun, the air... was all to dehydrate you. I cannot imagine myself being there once again, doing the same routine from 12-10pm.. There's no fan, open air... somewhat reminds me of some construction worker working under the fury sun. I hated sun so much, and yet I managed to endure.
Few months later the service bar upstairs at Italiannies was closed down, and everyone got to be in the main bar. That was better, and a month later, coolers and fans were installed. But hey, the fan doesn't make much of a difference, since it's so freaking high up and not facing the bar at all...their main priority is to make the guest feel cold, not us bartenders. Hmmph. Unfair!!
Then there comes some annoying people in the bar... thank goodness the damn people are all gone, and here comes some peace. Sadly a month later I was in my thoughts of resigning as my body breaks down... But mind still holding on.. My neck had rashes due to my necklace+sweat+sun.. So now I can't really wear necklace until my neck finally recovered.. haih.
Despite all the bad stuff I had to face, I actually gained some great new friends. Most of them are guys, and I am not a guy talker..who knows how to communicate well... as well as to talk to guys... since I was raised in a all-girl-school and in college only 10% in my class are guys. Lol.. talking about how naive am I to be in such situation. But I realised that... guys are like girls too.. So it's kinda easy to talk to them also.. I still had my non-sociable moments... I still had my shyness... but I've finally proved to myself that I can actually talk to them all! Though I was kinda separated from the servers & hostess (where all of them are INSIDE the nice cooling air-cond part...and I..got to be outside the bar making drinks...) but still! They acknowledge my presence and greeted me when I walked in.. So sweet... though there are some people that I'm not so close with..but they are still willing to smile at me and all... awwh.
The managers all are nice too... My bar manager Mr.Ruwell, he's kinda funny at times... hehehe... Shri.. I thought he's kinda fierce but urm.. damn nice to girls.. Lol... Marcus, who had a girlfriend same name as me.. geez... LOL... ( I wonder if that's the reason for him to hire me ).. Hahaha... Nick .. gosh.. NEVER mess with him.. Suah- I don't know him much. hahas.
So now, once and for all.. I'll list down all my family in Italiannies.
- Phyllicia - Mom
- Kevin- Brother (same surname Lol..)
- Marcus- Dad?? (same surname mah)
- Andrew Chiu - Kow-fu (not sure.. but claimed to be my mom's bro )
- Xue Li- Long lost sister... (gosh..phyll.. you one night stand too eh?)
- Eric - Husband.. ^^
- Andrew Yip - A wanna be anak of mine since he doesn't like his 'mom' there... *sweat*
- Sha Ting - Daughter
- Ern Yee- Daughter
- Shawn - Son
- Jill - One night stand daughter
- Kai - One night stander
- Juliana - Granddaughter... aka cucu
- Stanton- Grandson ( Ern Yee's son)
- Jimmy - daughter-in-law ( Andrew's wife?!)
- Papa- I don't know his name lah! Suddenly my papa already. (phyll!!! You naughty!)
- Randall - my leng lui... xP
- Gerard Jr - I don't know how the heck he's a bitch of my husband's...
Of all the 18 people listed.. I can say... only left 5 people still working there. Amazing. On my last day, Tyko ( a bartender) secretly pumped Guinness to make me go tipsy.. he pumped and added into the mixing tin..asked me to gulp all with a straw.. Gosh.. I have to admit I got feel a little high as I gulped all in one shot..I'm like shit.. how am I suppose to work when I feel a little drunk?! Thank god Marcus asked me to break... So I had my time to redeem my sober self... and there's an event at the Bar too okay... geez. However... I'll never ever forget the people who treated me well and being so nice to me to ask how am I and all... Like Tanbir especially.. and Jun.. Mike.. Hmmph. So.. during my break time, I bought them chocolates... Time Out and Tomberone ... I've shared to almost everyone @ Italiannies... They're happy, I'm happy... Then I bought my bartender Tyko some MU thing, since he loves M.U sooo so much.. He's the one sharing locker with me.. He's the one keeping me from feeling bored.. I wrote a card to him to give thanks.. And to Mr. Ruwell, I bought him a bar of chocolates.. he's a chocolate lover like me.. Gosh.. You should see his face when I gave him the chocolates.. He grabbed my chocolates like it's diamonds! Seriously! his face was all so excited and happy.. Hahaha... it reminds me of myself so much... Eyes widen, mouth watering, hands shaking.. hahaha!! (sarcastically..) .. Then I don't know why today so many people were telling me that I looked good today.. most probably I was with my black eye shadow... since they always see me with my naked face.. well, then there's some fight between CJ n husband.. I was there looking.. trying to pull him away from hitting CJ, gosh... I'm so afraid that he'll punch him or whatsoever... I was there on the other hand feeling helpless that I can't do anything but to just pull him away... scary la wei... After work I changed to my clothes..and get ready to go Bar Celona again..since most of the people thinks Coco Banana is not as good as it seems to be.. Got cover charge @ RM35 but who cares... I drank another cocktail named AK47.. not bad.. but I'm not drunk at all.. AT ALL. Even though I've drank some vodka before that and AK47 is a strong cocktail..nevertheless I felt nothing but nothing. Disappointed.. I guess my body can tolerate more now or maybe just maybe my body had been abused in such a way that only when I drank that cocktail like it's water...only I'll feel something..geez.. my fault..my fault...I've always drink my cocktail like it's water.. but today... I drank it quite slowly...since that someone is gonna mock me when I drink that cocktail like it's water in front of him... LOL..... right??? Oh well!! I asked my Bar manager for a free cocktail.. well.. he said okei.. But I must change my clothes and come back later...and must not let the other managers see... since it's kinda forbidden to drink there for the first few months after resigning..it's in the contract...Around 12am.. I came back to my bar...they're dead busy...but I managed to get myself to drink my lovely Longan Mojito!! Deli-cious~~ Thanks Ruwell!! Love ya! Mm... I'm gonna miss the moments there... where I shed my blood (cut my fingers like forever..), sweat (I shall thank the sun..) and though there's no tears... but I'm glad that I had chosen the right path, the right track, the right place. I've met so many nice people, especially I can't believe that I've found someone having the same thoughts as me and all... my phyll... we've known for each other less than half a year and it seems like it's been almost 10 years knowing her..haha..not to flatter her but that's what I truly think.. Photos will be uploaded shortly.. as my comp sucks in uploading photos.. Don't know why.. bye.
And the story ends like this...period.
By: M i c [ H e L L ] e .
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________®
Tagboard
I wonder if tagboard is needed? what you think ah?
Exits
Archives
Credits

|