This is a story of me, my life and my experience.
I'm MIcheLlE.
I am not held responsible for any forms of vulgar comments and personal opinions in this blog.
Read it at your own risk, by all means,
If you find it offensive and inappropriate,
Dear you, just simple, DON'T read.
~P.E.r.I.o.d~
(Friday, September 10, 2010-)
+11:00 PM]*
# -
On the 7th and 8th September 2010.
A very nice experience....
My friend and I were assigned to attach at one of the Guardian pharmacy located at Great Eastern Mall. On the first day, we were both too early lol.. We reached there at about 8.30am, when the actual time to start work was 10am. That said, we just went somewhere to sit and talk until it's time to go. The pharmacist was an old man, his name is Mr. Cheah. A very nice man!
He gave us introduction, telling us that we're in the right path to choose pharmacy and told us to become a government servant because of the penchant later in life etc. He let us walk around the pharmacy and get familiarised with the current Over The Counter (OTC) medications as well as group C medications where only a pharmacist can dispense. I've learnt a lot from him, his wise words were priceless.
He further told us that, what we've learnt from books are just a mere guidance. But in reality, things are different. We need to weigh in the pros and cons to each step and each decision we made. For example, if we knew someone was abusing laxatives or cough medicine, shall we just dispense or advice them not to take it or even reject sales from them? Answer is, actually just to dispense them regardless we knew its wrong. So you see, things are different when you work...
Then my friend and I ate lunch with him and the Manager (Miss Choo). Both of them are very friendly and nice. He even treated us lunch in Chicken Rice Shop. Wooo.. RM16 + per pax okay? How thankful am I to have him~
The following day he actually wanted to treat us lunch too, but we said no it's okay, or not he'll be treating us again man... so paiseh~!! That said, we actually gave him moon cake as a token of appreciation because he's such a nice person...gave us plenty of good advice, a lot of knowledge to be gained... and those hands on experiences that he managed to give us...
yeah, I've actually become a cashier & dispenser. Hahaha... so fun! He even let me check my blood glucose level because I told him I got a risk factor of diabetes (my mom having a diabetes). And it actually costs RM5~! Free of charge for me. Awwwhh...And also some of the customers thought that we're the pharmacist.. haha.. asking where are the stuffs... what is good for gout.. what is good for flu etc.
Then when we came back exactly an hour after our lunch, he said ''Why come back so early?'' lol... cute! open minded guy!
The bad side of this attachment was the standing... Got to stand from 10am to 6pm non-stop.. It's hard especially the place is quite confined and there is nothing else to do than to walk around and so-called pretend to be enthusiastic with the stuff there.. hmm...But I managed to undo the soreness on my leg by going for a foot and shoulder massage yesterday in OUG.. costs about RM70 man... luckily my aunt's friend treated me.. Thanks Auntie Irene! =) They closed at 12am man... Managed to finish my massage in the nick of time.. Reached back home at 12am and mom called asking why it took me so long because I told her that I went pasar malam with my aunt.. haha...
In a nutshell, I really miss him... I really learnt a lot from him & the staffs there were approachable. *Tsk!! added him as friend in facebook! He ask wan mar! hahaha!!
P/s : The claypot chicken rice in the food court at Great Eastern Mall is simply delicious! Sad case that it's so far away from my house. Hmmph. Or not I'll be going there to eat in no time. lol~
And the story ends like this...period.
By: M i c [ H e L L ] e .
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________®