This is a story of me, my life and my experience.
I'm MIcheLlE.
I am not held responsible for any forms of vulgar comments and personal opinions in this blog.
Read it at your own risk, by all means,
If you find it offensive and inappropriate,
Dear you, just simple, DON'T read.
~P.E.r.I.o.d~
(Monday, March 14, 2011-)
+12:33 AM]*
# -
Pretty sure you all have been following the news lately...
The current news was Japan was hit by both tsunami and earthquake. Well, it's actually not a big deal for Japan to suffer earthquakes, in fact they are so well prepared for it and their buildings were built to stand earthquakes. Sadly, this was the worst earthquake for them since World War 2 (and so I was told). With a magnitude of 8.9, I think it's pretty high.
Most of the destruction were caused by the tsunami. What more their nuclear plant starts to fail. Sigh...
And they have only a 10 minute notice on the earthquake. Death toll up to date was 10k. Well, I don't know whether the death toll would be much higher or not IF they weren't trained for earthquake and IF their buildings were not built to withhold earthquakes.
That said, it was quite devastating to look such destruction in the local news. At that moment I think I was eating my lunch nicely, and the other part of the world is suffering. Some said since its on the Pacific Ocean, any where near the Pacific basin coastal areas would be affected, and that may include Malaysia, the Sabah part of it. Deng, it gave me a thought there...
I mean like, I was on my way to gym, and what if suddenly tsunami came and hit us while I was inside the shopping mall? Well, I think shopping mall would have a better protection than my own home but my family will be there! Got myself thinking, what IF such things happened and I don't even have time to say my "I cherish/love you with all my heart''...
And got me thinking another issue..
The end-of-the-world thing... which the Mayan predicts that 21st Dec, 2012 at 11.11am we may or may not survive by then. At first, I remained sceptical. Why? because most of us are living in poverty and most of the countries are not fully developed. Thus, I think end of the world due to human actions are far less likely to happen in this short period of time. Then they say, it may be due to the Winter Solstice in which I think they have mentioned that the Sun rays would penetrate the earth and wiped 'us' clean.
BUT....
As many resources claimed that this might happen to us, I just strongly believe in NASA. Nasa said that they have predicted the sun rays stuff and they said we're just fine in terms of that issue. Talking about Mayan calendar stopped at that particular date... it's like simply saying that our old calendar stops at 31st of December but it's not like it's the end of the world right?
Once again, I'm not saying I totally don't believe the world would end, indeed, I strongly believe it might end sooner or later... but not that soon. (or maybe I'm still in denial).
Yes, these days there are plenty or natural disasters. You name it, the Bandar Aceh, China, Haiti, hurricane Katrina, Japan... just to name a few....
Floods, Tsunami... Hurricane.... Earthquake... mehh... etc.
Take home message :
It seems like Malaysia is well protected by other countries.
But once again, you may never know what the future holds.
Oh boy, I think I'm going to die due to natural disaster. Mother earth gonna swipe me! T_T But I'm trying my best to save you!! I hardly on my air-con, didn't use plastic bags, I plant more greens, and I eat less meat. I hope this helps... though I'm just a girl out of a billion people doing something to hurt u... sigh.
And the story ends like this...period.
By: M i c [ H e L L ] e .
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________®