Just recently, (very recent indeed.. like 6 hours before I blog this..) I was entitled to go for a workshop conducted by Elecoldxhot members in Pyramid, my celebrity fitness gym.
Yeah, and I thought it will be a short, sweet, simple piece of choreograph. NO, I was DAMN wrong. The speed of teaching and/or song selected is like wad.. 250bpm? The workshop was so intense. SOOO intense. I was struggling to catch up and the guys in front of me were like SUPER DUPER PRO kind of PRO and it made me feel like I'm such a loser, a sore sore pathetic loser. Compared to them, I felt like I'm dancing like a chicken. MMmm...
However, they are pros. And I believe they actually learnt this choreograph before hand. Sincerely believed. (Or maybe just to console myself) ..
One of the guys in Elecoldxhot said to us that... if you want something, work hard, don't back off. Don't bother about forgetting the steps, just know how to use something to make yourself remember. You need to work hard in order to be better.
Yeah, totally agree. Work hard pays off I suppose? But then again, compared to them, what am I? They dedicate their time and life for dance. And I, just dancing for leisures sake, though I knew how much I want to be a great dancer. My work don't permit me to have time. ( Well then, make time.) But, again, to be better, I kinda need to have a great choreographer.
Am I ready for another type of dance? LA hip hop? My roots are on hip hop, not LA type of hip hop.. totally different thing but worth the try? Mm.. oh well, I guess I'll focus on graduating first before I try to manage my long love passion for dance.
Until then..
Keep pushing. No limits. Mind is your limit. Shut that off, now there's none. So go ahead, push yourself. Real hard. mmph.